Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Brute Force - today on TCM


Brute Force (1946) is a powerful prison film.  Burt Lancaster plays the leader of his fellow inmates planning a jailbreak.  Ann is the girl he left behind, whose illness requiring immediate and expensive medical treatment is the reason he needs to get free.  She has changed his life.  He will try to save hers. 

It is an unblinking look at a corrupt prison, and is cynical about the prospect of anything ever changing.  There are no happy endings here, but the movie is lyrical in its poetic cinematography.

Turner Classic Movies is showing Brute Force today at 3:45 p.m. Eastern.  I discuss the movie here at my Another Old Movie Blog as well.

****************



The audio book for Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. is now for sale on Audible.com, and on Amazon and iTunes.

Also in paperback and eBook from Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment