Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Student Prince - today on TCM


The Student Prince (1954) was meant to reunite Ann Blyth on screen with Mario Lanza, but only Lanza's voice was used for the musical soundtrack; his role was played by Edmund Purdom.  From my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.:

Ralph Moratz, recounts his experience as a movie extra playing one of the students in The Student Prince:


I was in constant awe working so closely with this charming, beautiful, friendly actress.  She treated all of us as equals, joking, talking and enjoying our company as we enjoyed hers.  To this day I can recall the good feelings on that set just because Ann Blyth made it that way.


What a joyous delightful welcome for me into the fairytale land of the 1950s major studios.

Like everyone on the set, I fell in love with that talented young lady, Ann Blyth and still cherish the image of her coming out of the double doors leading to the beer garden with steins swinging in the air.
  Can’t remember how many takes for that scene alone but her stamina was amazing.


The Student Prince airs on Turner Classic Movies today at 2 p.m. Eastern Time.  I hope you can see it.
*****************************
The audio book for Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. is now for sale on Audible.com, and on Amazon and iTunes.


Also in paperback and eBook from Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment