Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Another Part of the Forest - on TCM!


This is a publicity portrait of Ann Blyth in character as the charming, scheming young Regina Hubbard in Another Part of the Forest (1948).  This Friday, March 31st, Turner Classic Movies is broadcasting this excellent film that has so long been out of circulation (and apparently is now available on DVD). 

Another Part of the Forest, from the play by Lillian Hellman, is a prequel to her more famous The Little Foxes. The movie version of The Little Foxes starred Bette Davis, and in Another Part of the Forest, Ann plays Bette's character as a young woman. She sets fire to the screen.  You thought Veda Pierce was bad.

I go into detail on the movie here at my post at Another Old Movie Blog, and, of course, my book Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. covers this movie in depth as well.

Also starring Edmond O'Brien, Dan Duryea (playing the father of the character he played in The Little Foxes), and the wonderful Fredric March as the devious family patriarch, the movie is one of the finest produced in Hollywood's heyday.  Tune in to TCM at 11:30 p.m. ET.

No comments:

Post a Comment