Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Ann Stars in The Student Prince tonight on TCM


Ann Blyth starred in the musical The Student Prince (1954) with Edmund Purdom, who famously, or infamously, lip-synched to Mario Lanza's signing voice.  Lanza was originally paired with Ann, but fights with the studio left him out of the picture, except for his previously recorded vocal track.  The lavish movie was filmed in color, despite the black and white press photo above of Ann and Purdom.  It can be seen tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 11:15 p.m. ET.

For more on the movie, and its background controversy, have a look at this post on my Another Old Movie Blog, or my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. in eBook, paperback, or audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment