Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Ann Blyth and Donald O'Connor - a couple of Irish-American kids

 Ann Blyth and Donald O'Connor are a couple of swell Irish-American kids playing a couple of swell Irish-American kid entertainers in The Merry Monahans (1944).  Another top of me hat to you with the approach of St. Patrick's Day.  From my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.:


She and Donald are mulling over their problems on a park bench where the stereotyped Irish cop played by Robert Homans on the lookout for the reported runaway, has discovered them. 


Ann, innocent as you please, launches into her Irish accent (possibly borrowed from her Irish-born mother), and berates “my fine policeman” for thinking she was anything but the proud daughter of another Irish cop.

eBook edition (Amazon)



Also available in eBook at:




No comments:

Post a Comment