Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Ann Blyth on stage as Maria in The Sound of Music

                                          Photo courtesy of Dan Pagel, used by permission.

Rounding out the summer with a bit more of Ann Blyth's roles on stage in summer theatre, here's her portrayal of Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music, which played at Milwaukee's Melody Top tent in 1972.

From a review in the Milwaukee Sentinel by Jay Joslin:

"Miss Blyth, her voice as lovely and true as ever, gives the role of Maria von Trapp a wonderful gamin turn that provides great strength and sympathy.  She’s superb."

Thanks to Dan Pagel of the Memories of Melody Top website, for bring those days back to us.  



For more on Ann Blyth's career on stage and screen, television and radio, have a look at 
my book on Ann's career -- Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.

eBook edition (Amazon)


print edition available at Amazon and also my Etsy shop.


Also available in eBook at:




For more on my other books and plays, please see my website: JacquelineTLynch.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment