Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Ann and Barry Fitzgerald between takes


Ann Blyth and co-star Barry Fitzgerald enjoy each other's company off-set in this candid photo during the filming of Top O' the Morning (1949).  The movie is a fun choice for St. Patrick's Day.  From my book on Ann's career, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.:

"Barry Fitzgerald plays the village constable.  His re-match with Bing Crosby, a partnership that first brought success to both of them in Going My Way (1945), is the focus of the film.  Mr. Fitzgerald is a crusty, pompous codger, has no idea how truly innocent he is, and holds the reins of authority in this village only in his own mind.  The villagers, even his own daughter, acknowledge that he is not taken seriously and that solving the crime of the stolen Blarney Stone might finally get him the respect he craves... 

"Ann plays the daughter of Barry Fitzgerald.  She keeps house, feeds Da porridge for breakfast, and keeps track of how many times she has been kissed in her life.  She longs for her true romance, and falls for Bing Crosby...she gives us the perfect dream-image of a lovely and spirited Irish lass."

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For more on Top O' The Morning and background on the production, have a look at my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.

eBook edition (Amazon)


print edition available at Amazon and also my Etsy shop.


Also available in eBook at:




For more on my other books and plays, please see my website: JacquelineTLynch.com  

Also, have a look at this post on my Another Old Movie Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment