Join My Mailing List!

My name is Jacqueline T. Lynch, author of Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.,
and I would like to invite you to join my mailing list HERE for updates, special offers, and a free eBook!

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Ann Blyth on Lux Radio Theater - Thunder on the Hill

 


Ann Blyth is seen in this photo appearing on Lux Radio Theater, reprising her role what was then her most current film, Thunder on the Hill (1951).  The radio show was broadcast September 24, 1951, and the episode was called "Movietime USA" and was a roundup of eight currently released movies with scenes enacted by their stars.  Ann performed on the show with her co-star, Claudette Colbert.

In the movie, Ann plays a convict condemned to execution and about to be hanged, but when she and the police detective and prison matron are stranded in a remote hilltop convent because of storms and flooding, a scrappy nun played by Colbert stumbles upon hidden truths among several others who are stranded in the convent and also have ties to her case.  It's a race against time, and floodwaters, in this mystery.

For more on Thunder on the Hill and background on the production, have a look at my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star.

eBook edition (Amazon)


print edition available at Amazon and also my Etsy shop.


Also available in eBook at:




For more on my other books and plays, please see my website: JacquelineTLynch.com


No comments:

Post a Comment